Portable lavatory facilities at Riverside Festival.

Tony Graeme
👍

Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:22 (last edited on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:23)

'twas ever thus!
I remember some years ago an association newsletter (not even big enough to be called a 'journal')of very limited circulation used the word 'technicolor'* in some report or comment. This brought a stiff letter informing the editors that 'technicolor' is a registered trade name and should not be used without permission. The status should be indicated with the appropriate (R) symbol and a note to draw attention to the ownershiop of the name.

• Registered property of Technicolor Corporstion inc.

Gary Walker.
👍

Mon 29 Jul 2013, 23:53 (last edited on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 00:02)

Just to confirm, they weren't by Portaloo(c) - lol(c) They were by Polyjohn.

An altogether much more satisfying experience!!

John Kearsey
👍

Sun 28 Jul 2013, 16:07

Boycotting the portaloo is all very well, but it does rather depend on how "pressing" your business is!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 27 Jul 2013, 16:05

If they are Portaloos we could dump them somewhere...

Mike Williams
👍

Sat 27 Jul 2013, 00:47

Speaking to a number of local people, I think it is fair to say that the headline to this subject should be "Portaloo Creates a Stink at Charlbury's Riverside Festival".

Mike Williams
👍

Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:44

Can anyone let me know the manufacturer of the portable lavatory facilities at the Riverside Festival? If they are made by Portaloo (part of Portakabin)I will boycott them because I find the company petty and heavy handed in the way they attempt to prevent their trademarks from becoming generic terms.

I, for one, intend to take my business elsewhere.

Please see the thread "What a tragic way to make a living" in this forum for further details.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.