Broadband

David Court
👍

Mon 5 Aug 2013, 13:49

We use Tesco Broadband and Home phone which is brilliant with superb speed

Miles Walkden
👍

Sun 4 Aug 2013, 10:05

We use Zen Internet as we like supporting a smaller, customer focused internet provider. V good service, v good speed (6-7Mbps). Expensive though.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 3 Aug 2013, 22:27

On a Greek island recently 1.7Mbps was the best I could I could get, occasionally down to 750kbps. My son is disappointed that he only gets 2Mbps in the part of Powys he is moving to. A friend in a small town in S Africa has to conduct his affairs with 700kbps. In Stanhope in Co Durham where I am at the moment 2.4 Mbps is par for the course and there is no broadband in any of the villages in the next 20 or 30 miles up the valley. We live in a world sharply divided along lines of Internet access or lack thereof, and in Charlbury we are extraordinarily fortunate to be on the right side of the divide already.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 29 Jul 2013, 08:47

From Wikipedia:

Plusnet is an internet service provider (ISP) that operates in the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1997 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and floated on the Alternative Investment Market in July 2004, making them a public limited company (Plusnet plc). On 30 January 2007 Plusnet was acquired by BT Group, but it continues to operate as a separate business. Plusnet also operates the Metronet brand in the UK.

mark s
👍

Sun 28 Jul 2013, 21:50

we all know bt owns all the lines but i just like the idea of paying another company less for a better service and receiving the same 'Product'..

John Munro
👍

Fri 26 Jul 2013, 23:41

Were you aware who owns Plusnet?
You haven't actually left BT!

mark s
👍

Fri 26 Jul 2013, 22:17

'Plusnet' give good speeds, same as BT, without 'Throttling' , unlimited downloads and a very good customer care line, left BT for this bunch and very happy.

David Green
👍

Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:08

Thanks Liz, Good to know. I pressed 'Post comment' yesterday, so anytime now you will get this note. Painfully slow again tonight!

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 25 Jul 2013, 09:32

Things may improve soon as the County Council has recently committed to roll out fast broadband connections across Oxfordshire
www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/public-site/broadband-oxfordshire

David Green
👍

Wed 24 Jul 2013, 21:31

Thanks Dave. I would expect BT customers would get priority over other providers. I think I will switch. Thanks

dave wells
👍

Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:39

David, I have BT Broadband and have no complaints (sure it could be faster but copes with Xbox, 2 or 3 laptops / smart phones, digital TV downloads etc). On Sheep St near The Bull

David Green
👍

Wed 24 Jul 2013, 18:45

I know this has been talked about many times, but the speed I receive from Sky broadband is painful. Can anyone report a good provider or is the exchange in Charlbury the problem?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.