Noisy dog in Sandford Rise

Rosemary Jodko-Narkiewicz
👍

Sun 21 Jul 2013, 15:16

Long may it continue, being able to be in the garden without constant barking and most of all sleep in peace, joy!!

Clare Carswell
👍

Sun 21 Jul 2013, 08:33

Another neighbour went round to the house late on Thursday night and requested that they quieten the dogs and they have been keeping them in at night since I think.

👍

Sat 20 Jul 2013, 12:16

Dear Clare, I am wondering if you have done as you suggested you might as last night was the most peaceful for some time.

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 18 Jul 2013, 18:31

I do know the house and am wondering whether to knock and offer to walk the dogs for them. I know another neighbour is willing to help exercise them too. I don't want to upset them of course but equally they may not be aware of how much their pets are disturbing people, and they may be glad of the help.

👍

Wed 17 Jul 2013, 11:05

Thank you Clare and Julie. I now have a reference number and will shortly receive a diary form which I will keep. If anyone else would like to do the same it would help. Looking at what Clare has said it might be that some aid is required and the council may supply that if they see it is needed.

Julie Negus
👍

Tue 16 Jul 2013, 23:03

Contact the council & keep a diary log of when & for how long it happens, if you can establish which house it's coming from the council can contact them if you are not happy to do so yourself & say there is a problem.

Clare Carswell
👍

Tue 16 Jul 2013, 20:40

I have been told that there are two large dogs being kept at the property along with a lot of cats too I think. I think the owner is an invalid and unable to walk them hence their endless barking. It is disturbing a lot of us especially at night and I imagine that the animals are not very happy even if well fed etc

👍

Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:29

RSPCA say unless I can see cruelty, which I cannot, it is down to the local council environment services. I have contacted them and await a response. Yesterday, as well as during the day, it continued to 2.30am

👍

Mon 15 Jul 2013, 18:08

Thank you, I think you are correct and I will contact the RSPCA and let them deal with it rather than go to the council re noise nuisance.

john h
👍

Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:58

Contact the RSPA,they will look into it ,and bring the force of the law in if cruelty is found.

brian
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 17:49

It looks obvious that the poor animal is distressed - most probably chained up by it's 'considerate' owner

👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:07

The noise can be heard day and night, indoors and out and from the far side of Sandford Rise to the far side of Hill Close. Is anyone else bothered by this nuisance? There is obviously a problem with the dog as happy dogs do not bark so much??

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.