Path between Jeffs Terrace and the Spendlove Centre

Jim Holah
👍

Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:33

Just to confirm that the Town Clerk has again chased the cutting of these overgrown borders with the County Council who are responsible for managing them. We cannot dictate when they will be done but they should be cut at each visit of the County Councils contractors. You can of course also contact your County Councillor, Rodney Rose to lodge your concerns and ask for swifter action to support the Town Clerks efforts. Use the OCC website to contact your Councillor.

Bob Khosa
👍

Thu 25 Jul 2013, 21:43 (last edited on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 21:45)

I noticed this morning that the overgrowth between the bridge and the station has been trimmed back, which is great. Thank you to whoever made that happen.

The problem further up Dyers Hill still remains (as of this morning). Anyone wanting to snag their clothes, get scratched by thorns or indeed subject a child in a pushchair to being whipped in the face by the overgrowth should continue to use the footpath. All others, please continue to hop on and off the pavement into the road as you see fit - it's good exercise and certainly wakes you up for the day ahead!

John Dora
👍

Tue 23 Jul 2013, 20:23

Apologies. I didn't look at the other posts since last reading this on 14th!

Jim Holah
👍

Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:54 (last edited on Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:55)

See my post of the 15th July, This is the responsibility of Oxfordshire County Council and the Town Clerk is chasing for this problem to be resolved for the very reasons you state. I hope it is resolved soon.

John Dora
👍

Thu 18 Jul 2013, 21:49

It would be good to see the vegetation trimmed on the pavement on Dyers Hill for all those that walk to the station. In some places the brambles and nettles leave less than 2 Feet of space (less than 609.6mm) (!!!).

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 15 Jul 2013, 17:44

The footpath to Jeffs Terrace & by the footpath to the station have been reported to Oxfordshire County Council and chased today by the Town Clerk. The Hundley Way area is not a Town Council responsibility to manage but we are looking to what can be done in this area.

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 15 Jul 2013, 13:13

Naomi, same response, but I'll pass both on to the Tiwn Clerk for action

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 15 Jul 2013, 13:12

Emily, you should report this to the Town Clerk through the Town Council page on the Charlbury website. He can ensure those whose responsibility this is are informed of the problem.

Naomi Berger
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 20:49

They need to cut back the weeds at the side of the path down to the station too.

Lesley Algar
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 16:06

Is it the town council's responsibility for organising the clearing the weeds,brambles,nettles,ivy & elder that is growing on Hundley Way and over the wall in front of 29 - 45 The Green. I have tried to cut some of it myself but there is far too much there to remove. Many of the weeds are growing through the wall and will eventually cause it to fall down. Who would I need to contact regarding having it weeded and the dead stuff removed?

Jim Holah
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:51

The Town Clerk has confirmed that this is the responsibility of Oxfordshire County Council & will report the concern to them asking for it to be remedied.

Jim

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:26

Thanks Jim.

Jim Holah
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:01

Will check with Town Clerk on responsibility for management & let you know ASAP

Julie Negus
👍

Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:23

Try posting here
forum.charlbury.info/thread/2205

Alex Flynn
👍

Sat 13 Jul 2013, 20:36

Would appreciate if the party concerned could do something about this as getting sick of being stung! I would do it myself but don't have the necessary tools

Alex Flynn
👍

Sat 13 Jul 2013, 20:34

Who is responsible for cutting the grass down this pathway beyond the tennis courts. Only it has became very overgrown of late - a lit of stinging nettles etc.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.