Do a Sunday Boot sale ?

Heather Hill
👍

Mon 6 May 2013, 14:15

What about Ducklington on a Sunday afternoon. It's only been going for a few weeks and is already giant. Sellers can set up at 12 o'clock and buyers 1pm - 4pm. It's in the field opposite the Ducklington houses on the road to Standlake.

Pippa Nash
👍

Fri 3 May 2013, 18:45

I've done the car boot on a Sunday morning at the Kassam, really good for children's stuff, but there is a range.

Clare Carswell
👍

Fri 3 May 2013, 15:22

I appreciate the advice, thanks !

brian
👍

Fri 3 May 2013, 07:40

Clare, whatever you decide you need to be prepared for one thing - try to arrive as early as possible as you get people swarming round your car as you unload, offering you small amounts and often trying to confuse you!
If you have video's never price them more than 20p otherwise you'll bring them all back, likewise dvd's should be around £!, and books from 10p. If you do this then your better stuff can be priced reasonably - but remember people want a bargain!

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Thu 2 May 2013, 22:58

Finmere is very good. Large car boot and get a good day for weather you can get a large amount of people there. I think it's on every Saturday but you need to get there very early in the morning, i.e. 7am!!

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 2 May 2013, 10:51

Thanks for this tip Brian, it is very helpful as I have never done a boot sale before.

brian
👍

Wed 1 May 2013, 20:37

By far and away the best car boot sale in this area is held on the first Sunday of every month on the green at WARBOROUGH just north of Wallingford. It may be a little further to travel, but it is well worth it.
Starts at 7.30am - and the next one is this Sunday (5th)

Clare Carswell
👍

Wed 1 May 2013, 12:54

I am planning to do a car boot sale one Sunday morning, either May 4th or 12th to clear some stuff and raise some cash. Does anyone want to do it with me, we could share a pitch ? I think there are weekly sales in Witney and Abingdon. Make contact if you are interested 07766558076

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.