Quick train question

John Stanley
👍

Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:27

The general rule is that "Off Peak" tickets of any kind cannot be used on weekday trains timed to arrive at London terminal stations before 1000. However, historically, the Cotswold Line has been an exception to this. Although we lost the ability to use "Off Peak Day Returns" on the 0831 a few years ago, the Cotswold Line Promotion Group did manage to persuade the train company to retain the "Off Peak Return" on this train at a slightly higher(currently £5.00)price, but much lower than the "Anytime" ticket.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 20 Feb 2013, 09:57 (last edited on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:03)

Can I just ask those in the know: can one still get to London 'cheaply' on the 08:31 train, or does it have to be the 09:41 these days? (I normally only travel early on the definitely-not-cheap ones.) Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I've answered my own question via the National Rail website - yes, I can! £31.50, in case anyone wants to know.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.