Local Events (Debate)

chris emsden
👍

Sun 25 Nov 2012, 09:47

I always thought Bazaars/Fetes/Coffee mornings etc were done to bring the community together or to raise money for some deserving charity/cause/society etc. So can someone please answer me something, why in these times of recession when a lot of people are struggling to make ends meet & having to count the pennies, do 3 local events 1. The Charlbury School Xmas coffee morning 2. St Mary's Church bazaar 3. Farmers Market, al get put on A.M. on the 8/12/12?
We all like to support Charlbury events as much as possible, but I think it is asking a bit much to expect people to march round trying to attend all these things all in 1 morning, so spending less time/money at each, surely this is counter-productive for all!
Obviously I don't organise these things, & like other Charlbury residents I am very grateful to those that give up their time to do so, but is there no way these ideas/dates can be floated somewhere so they don't cross-over?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.