Were you overcharged for wine at the Co-op?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 12 Feb 2013, 09:03 (last edited on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 09:05)

And it goes on. Last week I was charged £2 more than the shelf price for a bottle of wine, then in the Chippy Co-op I took a 2 for £2.50 offer on Yeo Valley yoghurt but was charged £1.56 for each.

Ian Lewis
👍

Mon 21 Jan 2013, 19:40

Last week I was charged £7 for two packs of Angus beef mince, marked as such on the pack as two for £7 instead of £4 each, except that the shelf was marked 2 for £6. I queried this and it was corrected before payment. However I note that tonight it is still marked the same way, both 2 for £7 and 2 for £6.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 21 Jan 2013, 17:14

Today I was charged £1.69 for a pot of yoghurt that was marked at £1.31on the shelf. Ok, they refunded the 38p, but I resent the extra 15 minute round walk in the snow. I'm interested to see that they don't always correct the errors after they have been pointed out, though. I'll certainly check tomorrow. What I've been overcharged in the last couple of months more than wipes out the dividend for the same period.

russell robson
👍

Thu 13 Dec 2012, 17:43

The devils in the detail!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 13 Dec 2012, 14:53

They are doing it again!

The Chilean Casillero del Diablo is on offer (according to the promotional stuff on the shelf) at £5.99, and to judge from the gap on the display, they have sold quite a lot of it as a result. But at the checkout you are charged £7.99. So everyone who has bought a bottle has paid £2 more than they expected.

If you have bought a bottle recently, try and find the receipt and claim back your overpayment.

Katie Ewer
👍

Sun 11 Nov 2012, 18:26

I always check my receipt at the Co-op as I have been overcharged on numerous occasions. What I find most frustrating is that there is one particular item that I buy regularly that is always more expensive by over a pound on my receipt than on the ticket price. I've pointed this out so many times, but it never gets corrected! Also, beware buying items stickered at 2 for £7 or similar. If you buy one of these items marked down for quick sale, they will often be more expensive than if you had bought them in the promotion!

Pippa Nash
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2012, 11:02

This sometimes happens to me as well with offers, they haven't always made it onto the till system, so I go with Jon's recommendation and always check your till receipt. The staff are always very helpful to sort it out if if it's not correct.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 7 Nov 2012, 19:18 (last edited on Wed 7 Nov 2012, 19:18)

The Co-op is offering a couple of Spanish wines at a tempting £4.49 a bottle. Several of their recent 'offers' have been very good value, including very acceptable wines from Chile, Australia and especially Portugal. So I decided to treat myself and see how the Spanish wines turned out.

But while the wines were priced on the shelf at £4.49, at the checkout I was charged £8.99. I pointed out the error and of course I was charged the offer price.

If you bought one of these wines thinking you were paying the offer price, do check your till receipt. You may have been charged over the odds. It's happened before and I'm sure it's just inefficiency somewhere down the line, but it's bad for the Co-op 'ethical' image and it shouldn't happen.

(Just sipping the white and it's rather nice.)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.