Car Vandalism on Market Street.

Gillian Glasson
👍

Mon 22 Oct 2012, 22:06

My husband and I live on Market St and whilst we haven't had anything so severe, we've had an aerial snapped off, bonnet keyed, wing mirror bashed off (presumably by mistake though) and had side of the car driven into! (although driver left a note I'm very pleased to say). Also been driven into by a truck whilst parked on Church Street!! Although hopefully the bridge restrictions will help reduce this sort of thing.

On a separate (but connected) issue, we were wondering if the parking situation could be improved on Market St by marking out individual parking bays, so that we maximise space? It's frustrating to come across a space that can fit 3 cars with 2 badly parked cars in it. I don't mean huge white lines separating bays, just enough to 'guide' drivers to each space?

Marion Simon
👍

Sun 21 Oct 2012, 21:34

We had our tyres slashed on Friday 12 October. The car was parked in front of the chemist's. We have never had any issues before and are still hoping this is a one-off...

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 16 Oct 2012, 04:33

Oh, where do I start? Over the last two years, we've had: doors keyed, wipers snapped off (twice), aerial snapped off, fabric roof broken, and then at the end of August, two tyres slashed. (Ironically we'd just come back from taking a canal boat through the roughest areas of Manchester, which turned out to be absolutely fine!)

This pretty much only seems to happen when the car is parked at the Dyers Hill end of Market Street. We don't have problems when it's parked at the town centre end (which is where we live and where we prefer to park, but obviously there isn't always a space).

When this first happened I thought it was just opportunistic vandalism. But given the frequency of incidents, I'm now pretty sure it's more than that.

Neil Valler
👍

Mon 15 Oct 2012, 21:59

A friend of ours had their tyre slashed last week. Also aware of cars having their wipers torn off.

Hetty Shepherd
👍

Mon 15 Oct 2012, 15:35

My car was keyed sometime last weekend on both front doors. Not just lines but an art form. Reported this to Charlbury Police station, who stated that there were incidents that they were investigating in Market street. I rang 101 to report it and get a incident number, which I gave to the Police station in Charlbury. Would recommend you do the same

Anna Heywood
👍

Sat 13 Oct 2012, 17:23

Not the most palatable of subjects but I would be interested to hear if anyone has suffered damage to their cars on Market Street in the last 6 months.

I have now had three cars keyed on a Friday or Saturday night since December on Market Street, one of which belonged to a 78 year old relative. Finally culminating in a window wiper being ripped off a car on Friday 12 October.

I would welcome information on any other similar experiences to consider options accordingly.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.