Smell along hixet wood

David G Green
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2012, 21:28

Hi Andrew, yes we noticed it about 2 days ago. It does seem much better today, but I still think there is an underlying problem.
David

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2012, 18:27 (last edited on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 18:32)

I didn't notice it this morning when I walked the road past the Lee Place gates on Hixet Wood, but my dog is always very attracted to the gulley and loves a good sniff at the area. There was a large panel-van and some men there sorting out the mess about two or three weeks ago, and there was also a residual mess left in the gulley of engineering bricks at the road edge, but I assumed it was just that, ie a residual smell left behind.

Are you saying the sewer has overflowed again?

David G Green
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2012, 13:58

Thames Water seem to have done very little to solve this. Again sewage is running down Hixet Wood across the back gates to Lee Place. Does anyone have any more information about this? Thanks. David

Simon Walker
👍

Sun 30 Sep 2012, 18:45

It looks like the main sewer that runs down the street must have overflowed through a gulley near the gates to Lee Place during the last lot of heavy rain. Thames Water has been told about it, and has the responsibility to come out and clear any blockages and clean up the mess along the roadside.

mark s
👍

Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:58

Anybody else noticed the vile stench along Hixet Wood...???

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.