Happy Birthday

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 25 Sep 2012, 20:39

Thank you all for the nice comments - and plaudits too to the rest of the site team without whom it couldn't happen!

But really - thank you to everyone who posts to the site and makes it what it is. I had a look at the database a couple of days ago and the number of items of content on the site is well into five figures, all posted by site users.

I went to a meeting a couple of weeks back about 'hyperlocal' sites (of which I guess this was one) and was asked how many unique visitors we had - the standard metric for website visits. I honestly didn't know, and guessed around 600 a month... but was sufficiently intrigued to install a proper web statistics package on getting home.

It turns out that we have about 1,700 a week. These 1,700 people come here for the news, the events, the adverts that people post - and yes, for this, the forum. So thank you, again, to everyone who posts on the site!

(I'm still surprised no-one's found the Easter egg yet, though...)

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Mon 24 Sep 2012, 17:49

me too, I echo all those congratulatory birthday wishes. We've only been in Charlbury for 2 years and Charlbury Info is a daily check at least,long may it continue. :-)

Charlie M
👍

Mon 24 Sep 2012, 14:06

I agree with all of the above! (Or is it below?!?!)

Helen Holwill
👍

Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:15

It's a great site - well designed, easy to use and very informative. Thank you for all the hard work behind the scenes.

stephen cavell
👍

Sat 22 Sep 2012, 09:36

I can only endorse all the congratulatory comments so far. I use it all the time to keep up with news and have had several successful postings of advertisements.

glena chadwick
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2012, 22:47

Congratulations Richard----a very time consuming job and not always easy and you do it brilliantly-----the community would be much poorer without the website. Thanks.

russell robson
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2012, 20:56

Hurrah for Richard

Edward Fenton
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2012, 20:51

I agree too - the Charlbury website plays a major part in making our town the vibrant and good-mannered place that we know, not least because of the way that Richard Fairhurst and his helpers moderate the site.

Anyone would be forgiven for imagining that every community has such a great resource, but if you try googling the names of other towns and villages, you'll discover otherwise. Not only are there few sites that contain so much useful information: many of them are either moribund (which is forgivable), or are hotbeds of conflict. Yet somehow Richard and his team have managed to keep charlbury.info both lively and largely well mannered. Happy anniversary! And thanks.

Anthony Merry
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2012, 17:55

I will second that . It is a really useful site for communicating with the charlbury community and know what is on people's minds . Long may it contnue !

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2012, 15:05

Happy Birthday to the Charlbury website (see news)and a huge thank you to Richard and the team that make it happen.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.