What Did People think of the three bands at the street fair.

Richard Cocks
👍

Mon 17 Sep 2012, 15:48

I thought all three bands were terrific - great variety and yes Charlie they all had as much fun as we did! How many bands are there these days who could resurrect "Radar Love" and transport those of us of a certain age straight back to the early Seventies? Brilliant!

Edward Fenton
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2012, 21:14

Since no one else has singled out Sam John and the Disciples, I'd like to say that they were my favourite band of the night, for their skill and versatility ... Who else would regard Sugarhill Gang's 'Rapper's Delight' as a suitable song to cover, for instance?! I also loved the way that they came across as a unit, with no egos on show: just a sense of the respect they have for each other's musicianship. The result was that while they stamped their own character on the music, they also gave it the chance to breathe. I'd love to see them again!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2012, 12:48

Thought the Village Idiots had a lot to live up to after all the talk on the forum but they more than delivered, a great set well done
Also the first band Jady Mirror were a great opening act another success I thought.
The middle band Sam John and the disciples got better I thought once they had turned up the lead singers mic, they were good but the for me the other bands were more my cup of tea (but hey you can't please everyone)
Great evening to round off what I thought was a great day well done to everyone involved

Charlie M
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2012, 09:53

All three bands were excellent. Nice to see three bands who were there to play music, give Charlbury a good time, and have a good time themselves! Good unpretentious fun!

Once again I have to commend The Stonesfield Village Idiots for a wonderful final set ... a perfect way to round off Charlbury Street Fair.

Rachel - let me put it this way ... If your committee decided to book The Stonesfield Village Idiots again for next year, I for one would not be disappointed!

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2012, 07:40

the Committee would like feedback on what people thought of the bands so we now how to book for next year.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.