Kerbside Weeds & Cleaning

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2012, 19:48 (last edited on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 19:48)

Yes, the county council should do it - and the reason it isn't being done is that budget for this has been cut. Ann Lloyd who organised this clean-up (well done and thanks, Ann) made a very good presentation to the town council recently about the state of the roads in Charlbury and I believe that there is a move afoot for the town council to take this on. I've also been in touch with the council about the dreadful weeds on The Slade and The Green and I'm told that this will be dealt with by Neil Owen, our county councillor, who has a budget that he can allocate to this sort of thing.

John Munro
👍

Sat 8 Sep 2012, 18:28

It was really nice to see the weeds and rubbish being cleared from the kerbsides along Church Street on Thursday evening - ahead of Street Fair next weekend - but should it really be down to the residents of Church Street to do it themselves - should the local council be doing it?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.