Update on Wilderness

Charlie M
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 10:23

But if the sound of my car was (to very slightly misquote!) "audible inside any noise sensitive premises, or beyond the premises/site boundary, with the windows open in a manner typical for ventilation if desired by the premises' occupiers", then it would be legal? This seems like discrimination to me. Far better to allow the music to go on until whatever hour they wish, BUT with a decibel limit that is strictly imposed.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 23:15 (last edited on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 23:28)

No noise pollution after 11.00pm is law. I agree.

Reg James
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 18:33

This is a quote from the license agreement:

"4.16.2 Between 23:00 and 10:00 hours, no music or other specified noise from the Licensed Area shall be audible inside any noise sensitive premises, nor beyond the premises/site boundary, with the windows open in a manner typical for ventilation if desired by the premises' occupiers."
So it appears that there was some non-compliance. Note the word "audible".

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 13:10 (last edited on Tue 14 Aug 2012, 13:12)

I went to meet Andrew Ward, the environmental health officer in charge of Wilderness, this morning. His officers monitored noise levels across Charlbury many times during the weekend and did not record levels that were in excess of the license, or standards set by the WHO. That said, there was a problem on Sunday night. The license permits music on the secondary stages till 2am, and the change in wind direction meant that this was audible in several parts of Charlbury. I have asked that next year, the Safety Advisory Group, which is responsible for setting out the rules for the festival, requires the music to finish at midnight on the Sunday. He has agreed and considers this to be reasonable. It will not change the nature of the festival, nor will it restrict people's enjoyment, but it will mean that people can get a good night's sleep. This will come up next April when the SAG next meets to discuss Wilderness, and I will make sure that it is on the agenda.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.