Cardboard collection by recycling lorries.

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:21

Worse still. I did send a message via the website. Later on a truck appeared, a man got out, shook his head at the boxes, got back in and drove off! Very green!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 13:49

Doubtless the same lorry that went to Fawler (Katie). I put a black box on top of a pile of about 12 boxes all too big to fit into a black box and they took them all. That was on The Green.

Richard Cocks
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:09

Our cardboard boxes outside our black boxes were not taken either. This was the first time so I telephoned WODC who told me the boxes must be within a black box. Ironically if you place large whole boxes in a (topless)black box, which then neccessitates the collector returning to the collection point, they will be taken! If left on top of a black box they will not! Previously it would appear that common sense prevailed.......

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 14:06 (last edited on Tue 14 Aug 2012, 14:16)

Sorry to hear that this has happened, Katie. As long as the cardboard fits into the box it should be collected. In fact today I had some sticking out of the box and they took that. If it won't fit into the boxes then put it into a bag and leave it next to the boxes - they should collect that, and if they don't let me know and I will take it up with the officers.

Heather Donegan
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:01

This might be useful. Page 6 in the box to the right. www.westoxon.gov.uk/files/download/8539-4486.pdf

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 09:02

Yet again, the recycling lorry has not collected the broken down cardboard boxes that I left out. This is the third time. When Neil Owen was canvassing, I asked him about this specifically, as when Dean Pit closed, it means going to Stanton Harcourt to recycle cardboard boxes. He assured me that the weekly collection would take them, but this is consistently not the case. I'm not putting now sodden cardboard in my car to take it to Charlbury and if I ring WODC to come back then it seems like a waste of fuel for the truck to come all the way back for a couple of cardboard boxes! Either they collect them or they don't, and if they do, then they should always collect them. Also, there's at least half a dozen bits of recycling strewn down the lane from someone's box that has been either missed or dropped. Again.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.