Wilderness in the Mail online

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 14:52

was The Mail outraged?

Charlie M
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 10:27

Come on folks! It's the Daily Mail! Probably one of the most disreputable members of the very disreputable bunch that is today's British press!
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ...!

John Kearsey
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 09:50

Its typical of the Mail to publish an article acting all outraged and then to print lots of pictures so that we can see what they are outraged about!

mandy
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 22:48

haha very good richard.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 18:56

Would naked crayfish count as "hardcore prawn"?

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 18:05

I must admit to be confused by this posting - are we talking about naked crayfish?

Mike Allison
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 15:35

Shocking? Naked bodies? Really?

mandy
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 08:15

I must say they see far worse on tv, newspapers and magazines and on the computer.

russell robson
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 19:45

The aquatic fauna would largely be unaffected by a short period of activity such as a couple of days swimming. The large crayfish population would also be largely active after dark when the lake was not in use. If you have any concerns I can direct you to some Environment Agency research.

I think the human activity might have reduce predation by cormorants and heron for a few days that might be benefical to the fish population

Andrew Chapman
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:55

I share your concern about the wildlife, but I'm not clear why children shouldn't be allowed to see naked bodies, assuming there's no sexualised aspect. There were loads of children of all ages at Wilderness (including my own small ones), and the atmosphere is impressively safe and welcoming to families. We didn't even know the mass dip was going on!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:16

I have only heard the occasional pigeon call, in this silence. The nature life must be scared off. At least the dogs aren't barking, at the moment.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 13:46

That human wildlife would have scared off the Park's native animal wildlife, in the park's Wilderness! Whoever allowed this to happen? It's shocking, and not good for promoting a family save festival. Would you have liked your children to see this? After the most amazing Olympics, is this, what we want our Great country to be known for?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 09:31

Follow link for skinning dipping link at the wilderness

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187511/Mass-skinny-dippers-splash-lake-launch-secret-swimming-club.html

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.