Tuesday 23.00 my TV turned off while I was watching it.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 08:05

Our Freeview box also gives a message to say that it will close down due to inactivity which you can cancel; however I keep on getting messages to say that I need to update the Channels and after the last time I did this I now cannot get BBC Oxford - so have to put up with the London news and weather. I have looked all through the channel list, and even set the regional settings but to no avail. Any ideas?

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:21

Thank you, I feel much happier to know it was power cut.

John Dora
👍

Sat 11 Aug 2012, 06:40

There were at least two power cuts this week - I was in the barber's Tuesday morning when one - a momentary blip - happened and overnight (23.00 Tuesday?) one must have occurred as our cooker clock and other electrical stuff 'reset'.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 9 Aug 2012, 19:36 (last edited on Thu 9 Aug 2012, 19:37)

Our TVs also are set to go into standby after a period of 4 hours (I think it's 4) of use without the remote control buttons being used. Over the Olympic Games it has almost happened once or twice, but the sets give us a warning "on screen display" saying that it will happen in 60secs or something similar to that.

This is simply a power saving system that can be turned off if you really want to do so somewhere in the setup menu.

rosemary galli
👍

Thu 9 Aug 2012, 18:48

My satellite dish automatically goes on standby after a certain amount of time if I have not changed channels, etc. However, it flashes a message on the screen before this happens and gives me the opportunity to cancel it going on standby. I don't know if this helps.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 9 Aug 2012, 08:51

sounds like a very quick powercut and the tv reset its self to standby although some tvs do switch back on after a power cut but not all.

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 8 Aug 2012, 21:48

It went to standby, did this happen to anyone else? Very disturbing as I was alone and a light flashed through a gap in the curtains. Could anyone remotely turn it off from outside??

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.