Doctor's strike at Charlbury Surgery

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 23 Jun 2012, 11:46

That is just crazy. I was going to call them next week as I have an infection from an operation I had two weeks ago as I need antibiotics for. What are we supposed to do? Especially if you are having to juggle work, school so waiting hours at A&E or something.

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:30

I phoned the surgery this morning to make an appointment for next week for my daughter only to be told that as well as not seeing anything other than medical emergencies today, the surgery is not booking any future appointments for doctors or nurses. I was really shocked by this. I can understand that the doctor's are taking industrial action over their pensions and I support their right to do so, however, I cannot understand why this should prevent receptionists from booking appointments? I think this is clearly beyond the remit of the industrial action and is not going to garner much sympathy from me for their cause! Also, I can only imagine the chaos on the phones tomorrow morning when they start booking appointments again!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.