Jubilee Celebrations

Peter Kenrick
👍

Fri 15 Jun 2012, 07:12

Thanks for your comments here - we were delighted that so many people were able to enjoy the celebrations despite the weather. The indomitable British spirit at its best indeed!

For your information Ann, the celebrations were organised by a loose coalition and I would like to extend particular thanks to Christine Elliot, Rosalind Scott and Churches Together, the Street Fair Team, the Beer Festival team for providing and erecting the marquees plus the musicians Kath Lucas and Voices Unlimited plus Dave Oates and 1000 Mile Highway.
I would also like to congratulate the owners of the superb open gardens, Sarah Potter and all of the churches for their flower displays and the Charlbury Museum for the excellent Town Trail.

Helen Holwill
👍

Mon 4 Jun 2012, 10:49

A fabulous event. Thanks everyone.

Caroline Shenton
👍

Mon 4 Jun 2012, 10:01

I agree...it was a fantastic atmosphere in the Hall and the marquees. Thank you!

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 4 Jun 2012, 09:47

It was brilliant, Charlbury at its best! And it was lovely afterwards to see so many beautiful gardens and to see the flowers in our churches. Thanks to everyone who organised the day for making it such a success

Ann Harper
👍

Sun 3 Jun 2012, 20:36

Very many congratulations to the Organizers of the Jubilee celebrations. You did a wonderful job and I'm not even sure I know who you are as you are so self-effacing.

You even had to contend with a change of venue for the community picnic at the last minute. It was fun though and we all budged up and had a great time.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.