BT broadband problems

John Dora
👍

Wed 30 May 2012, 21:53

I'm now getting speeds in excess of 13MB download and c 1MB upload - a definite improvement!

dave wells
👍

Wed 30 May 2012, 19:41

Christine - I had the email too. Use BT Broadband on Sheep Street and I've not noticed any issues but home use is in the evenings - maybe service dropped during the day ?

John Stanley
👍

Wed 30 May 2012, 10:35

My broadband was down on 21st and 22nd May. Fortunately, my phone was not affected, and the broadband was restored after I contacted my internet provider. They reported that "I have run a few tests on your line and I can see that there is an open issue with your phone line in the BT Openreach network". They reported it and got it fixed.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 30 May 2012, 10:26

I had an email from BT on 23 May saying the local exchange had been now been successfully upgraded, giving an improved, more consistent broadband connection, and maybe also a speed increase (certainly there for me). It also said that slowness of speed & even loss of connection were to be expected over about 10 days whilst the line settled down. They recommend keeping the Hub on as much as possible & also using it a lot during this time. Not sure why others don't seem to have had this email! Perhaps not all the lines in Charlbury have yet been migrated. Here's the link: bt.com/networkupgrade

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 20:55

My broadband and phone went down Sunday/Monday but a nice man from Openreach came a fixed it today. He said it was something going wrong - he didn't say what - between the 'cabinet' on Sheep Street and the exchange. I live on Park Street.

River Tarnell
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 18:36

I saw some work being done on one of the telegraph poles at the Fiveways junction yesterday morning (it looked like they were installing new cable). I'm not sure if it was phone, electricity or something else, but perhaps that's related.

Diana Limburg
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 15:43

Our BT broadband stopped working yesterday morning. BT has send out an engineer, but no result thusfar. Does anyone else have problems with their broadband? We know of one other person in Charlbury whose broadband stopped working around the same time.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.