"Shoulder to Shoulder" -- anyone got a copy?

glena chadwick
👍

Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:01

I remember it well---it was a brilliant series with great acting although I also remember being in floods of tears for a lot of the time. I would love to buy a copy if it became available.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 8 Mar 2012, 20:37

Thanks Ann. It's really the DVD/VHS tape I'm after. Someone has found me a copy in Warwick University Library!! -- but I'd have to go and persuade them to lend it to me. But they have also suggested Inter Library Loan, and I'm looking into that now.

Ann Harper
👍

Thu 8 Mar 2012, 09:37

Jon - I don't have a DVD of the series but I do have the book that, I think, was a spin off from 'Shoulder to Shoulder' and a special Radio Times edition devoted to the series! Ann

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 7 Mar 2012, 11:16

In 1974 the BBC showed a series of plays about the suffragettes, called 'Shoulder to Shoulder'. They repeated it on BBC4 four years ago, but it's not on DVD. Does anyone, by any miracle, have a copy on tape, or that they recorded from the TV when it was re-broadcast, that I could borrow or copy?
01608 819117 (w) or 238242 (h).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.