A couple of messages of thanks

Laura Ludlow
👍

Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:10

And I have rented my cottage out in 2 weeks of it being on this site! We are extremely lucky to have such a great site!!! Thank you.

Natasha Merriman
👍

Sat 11 Feb 2012, 14:32

I love the whole site. I live and teach in Yorkshire during term-time but spend most of the school holidays with my mother in Charlbury. The website helps me keep in touch with everything that's going on so that it's not too much of a culture-shock when I come home. I lurk on the forum but rarely have anything worth posting.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 9 Feb 2012, 15:40

Two messages that have come in to the admin e-mail address and that I thought bore repeating!

"I would like to thank the kind gentleman and his wife, who kindly took me to Oxford Station (in November) when the 08.31 train to Paddington was cancelled. I was visiting Charlbury to see our two newly-born identical twin-nieces, and was staying at the Travelodge at Burford. I had to be in London at attend a Service in Westminster Abbey, celebrating the 400th Anniversary of the King James Bible. Realising my plight, the gentleman kindly took me, and another man from Oxford University Press, to the station - thus enabling me to get to London on time. His name was Mark (?) Thank you, indeed. Canon Arthur Siddall, Formby, Liverpool."

and just now:

"Just a quick thank you to site administrators as I have filled the position for a gardener thanks to this advert page. It is the first time I have used it - great success! So THANK YOU!"

The adverts page is the unsung success of the website - it's easy to fixate on the forum, but actually the ads page has become a fixture of Charlbury life very rapidly and I'm delighted that people are finding it so useful. Thank you, as ever, to everyone who contributes to the website and makes it what it is!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.