Television transmission problems

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Mon 6 Feb 2012, 15:41

After extensive internet trawls (well about 10 minutes) there appear to be 2 possible explanations.
1. Snow/Ice on the dish - although not uncommon doesn't seem to explain why we all lost the signal around the same time and it also seemed to return at the same time still at sub-zero temperatures. The solution seems to be to spray the dish with silicon oil or vegetable oil on a dry sunny day. Mine's on the roof so that's out.

2. There can sometimes be a solid ice cloud passing over between the satellite and the ground that can disrupt the signal. Clearly nothing one can do. To me that seems most likely.

Jackie Hague
👍

Mon 6 Feb 2012, 11:44

It happened to us too. We watched the last episodes on iPlayer.

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Mon 6 Feb 2012, 11:12

Glad to hear we're not alone.

These 2 episodes of Borgen are repeated at quarter past midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning - if you can record them I guess. Hope no-one tells me what happened......

Susan Way
👍

Mon 6 Feb 2012, 10:53

Glad to know there are other Borgen addicts out there. I missed it too and I'll be devastated if I can't find out what happens.

You can see it on BBC I-player if you have access to a laptop.

Katie Ewer
👍

Mon 6 Feb 2012, 09:29

Likewise

Ann Harper
👍

Sun 5 Feb 2012, 23:54

Same experience as Geoff and Mike. Missed the second half of Borgen which I really enjoy And it was the last episode.

Mike Williams
👍

Sun 5 Feb 2012, 22:23

Same as you Geoff. Assumed it was snow in the dish so didn't try again until this morning when all was fine.

john h
👍

Sun 5 Feb 2012, 15:38

Jeff.

Had trouble with Sky last night,cleared snow from dish, all ok

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Sun 5 Feb 2012, 15:07

Did anyone else have a transmission failure last night (Freesat satellite) half an hour after the start of Borgen? All Channels disappeared then returned a couple of hours later. I thought maybe the dish had clogged up with snow and ice but if so why did it clear later on?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.