Gardening in Charlbury November 2011

Charlotte Penn
👍

Mon 14 Nov 2011, 15:41

Medler jelly would be great - www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/Grow-Your-Own/Eating-and-cooking/Nigel-Slater/Recipes/Medlar-jelly

russell robson
👍

Mon 14 Nov 2011, 09:53

Mine are bletted, now what?!

Stephen Andrews
👍

Mon 14 Nov 2011, 08:53

Mostly this week I will be bletting my medlars

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Tue 8 Nov 2011, 11:06

And they do it all with volunteers and any money they raise from the public. So, at its AGM this year, the Garden Society agreed a small grant to the volunteers there to pay for plants.

John Lanyon
👍

Mon 7 Nov 2011, 18:17

Well done to the folks who care for the Sir Peter Parker border at Charlbury railway station. It's looking very good even at this late point in the season with the dahlias still going strong.

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 7 Nov 2011, 14:59

We sometimes stay in a Gite in France and always tip the remains of the coffee pot around a lovely red rose outside the door. It thrives but I can't say if it is the coffee. Try the RHS members website.

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Mon 7 Nov 2011, 11:35

So no more Monty Don until Spring - is it really the end of the Gardening Year? I'm doing some winter pruning before it gets too cold.

No-one's answered kate Smith's query yet - any views anyone?
"I'm sure I have read that houseplants thrive on cold tea (without milk!) - does anyone know whether they can cope with/thrive on/shrivel up with cold coffee (without milk)? Somehow I often seem to have half a cup which it seems a shame to waste but don't want to kill them by experimenting..."

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.