NEW -- Nat West Free Cash Withdrawals Now at PO

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:18

Definitely good news - but maybe small retailers should be campaigning against those transaction charges (I guess they already are) rather than blaming customers for wanting convenience. Speaking as a citizen of the 21st century (who is now sadly past the median age), it's annoying to find shops, pubs and so on which still don't take cards at all. I'm happy to bring cash to local shops - but it does rather feel like an indulgence!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 28 Sep 2011, 09:00

Brilliant! That's really good news. Card payments cost small retailers vast sums in transaction charges and we need to encourage more people to carry cash for smaller payments (say under £50). Perhaps it's time I started passing on the £1 it costs me when people pay by card. It's the customer's 'lifestyle choice' but they make it at my expense. I could have an extra fortnight's holiday if they made THAT their 'lifestyle choice'!

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 28 Sep 2011, 08:30

Nat West banking has just become available at the Post Office for free Cash withdrawals, don't forget we already do Barclays, Lloyds, Co-Op,Smile, Halifax, Nationwide and many Santander. especially helpful when the Co-Op ATM is out of action.

see you soon . Elaine & Pam

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.