Sewing machine servicing available

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 28 Sep 2011, 19:39

Unfortunately we just had ours done - for a lot more than that... Next year then as my daughter will be bashing it doing textiles for gcse and it will probably need a clean and fettling by then!

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:56

Does anyone need a sewing machine fixed then? Or, do you know anyone who still practises the dying art of sewing and might have a machine that needs a tweak? (BTW, I don't sew myself, but my daughter does)

Kat Patrick
👍

Mon 26 Sep 2011, 17:23

I have a contact for someone who will service sewing machines at my house for about £25 per machine. I'm willing to let people bring their machines to my house and leave them a few days while the chap comes to do the work, since it will mean we can get this discounted price. Would anyone be interested in getting their sewing machine serviced like this?

I could also come fetch your machine if it's too heavy or if you don't drive or would find it hard to bring it whatever the reason.

On the other hand, you may know an even cheaper way of doing this, so I'm all ears! However, from my brief investigation, this seemed a convenient and cost-effective option.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.