Cheap travel to London

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 7 Sep 2011, 20:33

Am I the only person not to know about the 'Tube connector' ticket on Stagecoach? Just in case I'm not...

Board a Stagecoach bus for Oxford and ask for a 'Tube connector'. You pay for the Oxford-London ride, but the journey into Oxford and back is free.

That makes Charlbury to London day return £16 for adults, £13 for students and 'young persons', and £8 for OAPs. A 'group' -- 2 adults and up to 3 children -- is £35. Free wi-fi all the way. And get dropped off at Shepherd's Bush, Notting Hill, Marble Arch or Victoria.

No Sunday buses to/from Charlbury of course, but there are from Witney. Last bus from Oxford to Witney leaves Gloucester Green at 03.15 Mon-Sat nights, and 00.45 on Sunday night, so night owls can stay in London till long after the last train has gone.

If you don't drive but are mobile, and want a few hours in London on a Sunday, you can cycle to/from Enstone. The first bus to Oxford on Sunday morning leaves Enstone at 8.48, and the last one back leaves Gloucester Green at 19.55.

Check all these times before you travel! If you don't, it's your fault, not mine!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.