Station Car Park

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 7 Sep 2011, 18:46

Steve: have seen no left luggage lockers anywhere in Britain for a good 20 years. IRA were to blame originally but they have now subcontracted the terror franchise to Al Qaeda! There used to be a very useful left luggage office on Manchester Piccadilly station for many years, and if memory serves it was FOC to leave items there! Has now been replaced by a Travelex office which charges £5 per item min. The most extensive range of lockers I've seen is to be found at Munich Hauptbahnhof - not very convenient for Charlbury!

Steve Vaux
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2011, 16:01

For terrorism risk read paranoia surely!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2011, 11:25

There is definitely going to be more bike racks, and they are deciding the best place for drop off, as well as taxi waiting and the bus stop.

Chris Bates
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2011, 10:40

No chance of left luggage lockers owing to the terrorism threat.

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 5 Sep 2011, 21:10

Does anyone know if there will be a drop-off/pick-up point, as in many other station car parks? I noticed recently that some correspondents had complained about drivers waiting on yellow lines, and a drop-off point would be a good way of rectifying that problem.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 5 Sep 2011, 19:23

I've heard second-hand that it does - the suggestion was two of the large covered racks as found at Hanborough (info was from a WODC source who asked Network Rail). But I've not seen any plans for this so I guess we need to wait for a formal announcement.

russell robson
👍

Mon 5 Sep 2011, 17:49

Do we know if this includes more bike parking?

Peter Evans
👍

Mon 5 Sep 2011, 15:03

Good News - car park!
Bad News - potential closure of ticket office (according to TSSA)!

Steve Vaux
👍

Mon 5 Sep 2011, 14:44

Great to hear about the extension to the Car Park - only 15 years to make that happen! How about some left luggage lockers?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.