Collarless Tabby Cat seen at Station

John Stanley
👍

Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:18

That cat, which I can assure you is not a reincarnation of a relative of mine, has been visiting the station for a long while now. The main danger for it is when it decides to cross, or walk along, the track. A few days ago, I watched it walking on the rail by platform 1, with its back to any approaching train. However, it then decided to cross to the other side, jump up onto the platform and see what it could find on the car park. Eventually, it disappeared along the station approach.

Barry Floyd
👍

Mon 22 Oct 2012, 16:01

There are notices up at the train station now to let people know he's not a stray and not to feed him or try to re-home him. He's a lovely little cat but he's got a weird idea of favourite hang-outs. I certainly wouldn't be hanging around the station coffee van at just gone six in the morning if I didn't have to. Maybe Stanley was a commuter in a past life and can't let go :-)

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 3 Oct 2012, 11:55

Marrianne does Stanley still like and hang out at the Station ?
Danny has just come into the Post Office with a note for the board
TABBY CAT found at Charlbury Station
Danny 07920 782 985

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 19 May 2011, 20:48

I'm not sure this is the same tabby we saw nearly run over when it was coming out of the cricket club entrance at about 19.45 last night without a look right or left - it was so close a squeek it was actually pushed out of the way by the edge of the bumper of the sharply braking car that almost got it. This was a small young looking female who was mewing plaintively and demanding attention. I got the distinct impression it had got itself lost and certainly didn't show much road sense. Last seen heading off into the field of rape seed next to the cricket club. My guess is that it has got itself to the wrong side of the bridge and can't figure out how to get back - if someone hasn't seen their tabby for a day or two they ought to check this out. Definitely used up one of its 9 lives as if it had been 6" further over it would have been a tyre that brushed over its head...

Caroline Shenton
👍

Thu 19 May 2011, 20:32 (last edited on Thu 19 May 2011, 20:33)

Yes, please don't assume that collarless cats are stray. Our cat cannot tolerate a collar either - we gave up years ago, after he ripped numerous ones off in disgust, but he does have a chip. If you are persistently worried about a cat, then get it checked for a microchip at the Vet.

Meanwhile Stanley the station cat is very jaunty and was walking along the river bridge parapet at 7.15 this morning.

Maureen Sparling
👍

Thu 19 May 2011, 18:26

Just to let you know he has spent almost the entire day today at mine, meeting my Artweeks visitors and lying stretched out on the garden seat. I tried to point him homeward but he was having none of it!

marianne lewis
👍

Thu 19 May 2011, 09:40

He is my cat. Please stop worrying, he loves it at the station but he does come home. It seems that he is being fed by someone and I would appreciate it if this stopped. Stanley may be collarless but he is chipped.

Katrina Ross
👍

Thu 19 May 2011, 08:11

It has followed me before, think it lives around there somewhere it is very friendly.
It followed me as far as the church once but then just turned round and skipped off!

Alex Flynn
👍

Thu 19 May 2011, 07:43

From time to time I get followed by a largish tabby cat as I am leaving the station. It is clearly being fed by somene, but being as it is collarless, does anyone know who the owner is? Last week it followed me halfway up the hill! Maybe it is being fed by the Station staff - I really don't know...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.