Lynx sighting

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sun 8 May 2011, 17:25

Describe what you saw in detail - I know lynx well from having grown up next to an extensive area of forestland in Canada where I spent most summers and a lot of the winter holidays as a kids and lynx and bobcat were common, at least 4 breeding pairs. We - Janet, Alex and me - saw something odd in Wigwell last October I've never written about that was absolutely and most definitely not a domestic cat nor an african cat and got a perfect sizing for it as it was sitting next to a tall clump of grass eating something small. This proximity and the 30 yard distance (paced out range) meant I was able to measure accurately so know exactly how high it was.

Katie Ewer
👍

Sun 8 May 2011, 08:39

I think I saw a lynx cub in Fawler yesterday. I know there have been many black panther sightings around Charlbury, but has anyone ever heard of lynx being seen in the area?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.