Cornbury Licence Appeal Costs

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2011, 11:50

If you put the costs to the Rotherwicks and WODC together with the costs of the court itself, it must run into tens of thousands of pounds.

Will the next stage in all this be an attempt to overthrow or restrict licences granted to Riverside, the Cricket Club and the Beer Festival? How would it affect StreetFair and the street dancing at the Bell? Would fundraising in Charlbury become a matter of raising funds to employ lawyers?

The mind boggles.

John Munro
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2011, 10:58

Has anyone got any idea how much all of this wasteful and un-necessary appeal is going to cost us council tax payers?
How much is WODC going to have to 'find' to cover their costs?
No doubt the Rotherwicks will also have to pay their own costs to employ lawyers.
Somehow, I have a feeling that the hearing isn't going to be concluded in a single day on Thursday, so how many more days might it go on for?
I,for one am not happy that my council tax money will have to be used for this, when it could be used by WODC for much more worthwhile causes.
Perhaps the magistrates might just make an exception and award costs against the appellant when the appeal is dismissed?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.