Wilderness Festival

Alison Cavendish
👍

Sun 17 Apr 2011, 14:09

The discounted tickets for locals will be released at Easter and they should be available in some local shops I believe. I will put a posting on the news section of Charlbury.info and Finstock.org as soon as there are more details of how you can buy them.

Dave Oates
👍

Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:09

My understanding is that they will be available after Easter and I think will be in News and things

dave wells
👍

Fri 15 Apr 2011, 19:44

Available after Easter I believe - keep an eye open on the website

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 15 Apr 2011, 18:24

I'd also like to know about the reduced price tickets for locals, as there is nothing at all on the main Wilderness website or the linked ticket websites about concession (at least as far as I can see). If there really is to be a concession, it would be good to know this soon!

Stuart Moss
👍

Fri 15 Apr 2011, 13:54

Dave, how do locals go about getting the reduced price tickets?

Dave Oates
👍

Fri 15 Apr 2011, 13:46

I met the Managing Director of Wilderness Festival this week to get a better understanding of exactly what is being planned and to look at the layout of the Festival. I have to say, it sounds incredible and truly unique as a Festival concept. As well as a great line-up of music on the main stage (Gogol Bordello, Mercury Music prize-winners - Antony and the Johnsons, the legendary Toots and the Maytalls, Lara Marling et al), the plans include nature walks through the forest, hosted by qualified naturalists; spa treatments, hot tubs and a sauna by the lakes; performances by the Old Vic; banquets hosted by top chefs including Skye Gyngell and also 3 other stages featuring a dedicated debating/spoken word area and also a host of other bands including a number of local additions!.

I left the meeting feeling incredibly excited and I absolutely believe this event will be a welcome new addition to the area. I was also impressed with the organisers' commitment to being an inclusive event which celebrates the majesty of the setting whilst encouraging participation by the community (tickets are only £40 for locals!!). Let's hope we can all get past the upcoming licence appeal and welcome the event with open arms.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.