S3 Still Diverted via Nine Acres -- really?

Lesley Collins
👍

Wed 6 Apr 2011, 09:53

The notice on the Church Street bus stop said that the S3 would be diverted until 2nd April and Stagecoach's website gave the date as the 1st. I duly went to catch the S3 from Church Street on Monday morning but it didn't turn up. On calling Stagecoach I was told that the diversion was in place until the 8th.

I didn't get the S3 yesterday morning but did for my return journey in the afternoon. The bus driver said that the service was now back to its normal route. I've phoned Stagecoach again and they also confirm that the diversion has now ended.

Incidentally, according to Stagecoach's website the S3 will be diverted again from 9 - 20 May due to resurfacing work on the Enstone Road.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 5 Apr 2011, 10:32

According to a news posting on this website, "Contrary to the information given on the bus stop and on Stagecoach's own website, the S3 bus will continue to be diverted via Nine Acres until 8th April. This was confirmed with Stagecoach by phone this morning."

Can Stagecoach explain what an S3 was doing picking up passengers in Church Street this morning (April 5) at about 9.40? Are they able to predict which of their buses turn in Nine Acres and which turn in Church Street? At this rate best get on at Ditchley Road!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.