Glass at Nine Acres Playground

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 2 Apr 2011, 19:51

There are, possibly, a new crop of little y... err problem makers ranging hatching, from as young as 8 believe it or not, who I saw out in force last night. Many of them a mob of cousins unless I am mistaken - you know who you are. I hope you had nothing to do with the glass incident and that my allegations are unfounded... In the past in other areas we found a group of useful older men soon put a stop to disruption but Charlbury is probably far too genteel to countenance such effective "social work" methods. Still a word with the parents of some of the suspects may not go amiss if anyone knows who the older ones were.

Diana Limburg
👍

Sat 2 Apr 2011, 15:13

Does anyone know who the mindless idiots were that smashed a bottle over the little slide in Nine Acres playground? This probably happened last night (1 April), but may have been earlier.

Short of wilfully slashing a child?s knees and hands, leaving shards of glass over playground equipment must be the closest you can come to inflicting grievous bodily harm on a youngster.

We spent part of this morning trying to pick the offending articles out of the top bit of the slide and the grass below; but be warned: it was nasty stuff and there are some bits I couldn?t get at or probably missed.

If you see anyone hanging around there drinking Budweiser 66, could you please keep an eye on them, or report them to the Police.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.