3 coverage

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2011, 22:29

Things may change as T Mobile have apparently merged with Orange so depends on how the mast transmitter hire sorting out comes out in the end I suppose. Hopefully the rationalisation will increase coverage...

mandy
👍

Wed 16 Mar 2011, 15:06

I'm on orange and get a good reception in charlbury it also changes to t mobile as well.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 16 Mar 2011, 10:39

In the centre of town and only yards from you, Richard, I get poor Orange reception. But my phone switches to T-mobile as the Orange signal fades. Go to the Orange website and get your number enabled for T-mobile reception. In a house in Suffolk the other day I was on Orange downstairs and T-mobile upstairs. At home in Charlbury I tend to be on Orange at the front of the house and T-mobile at the back. But I'm never without a signal at all.

Two masts serve Charlbury: I believe Orange comes from the top of the Woodstock Road hill, while T-mobile comes from atop the Fire Station on Sturt Road.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 16 Mar 2011, 09:40

I have 3 mobile broadband. Poor reception in the centre of town - it'll sometimes pick up a 2G signal, but only sometimes. This roughly correlates with the poor Orange reception I get in the centre of town so I could believe they're the same.

On the other hand, down at the station it'll frequently get 3G, so Russell, you might be ok where you are.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 15 Mar 2011, 21:48

T-mobile works with Orange, and the combination works a treat. I have much better coverage than I used to, and the phone switches seemlessly between the two as you move. You have to enable the feature on the Orange website.

Maybe 3 also works with Orange, but I don't know.

Cathryn Taylor
👍

Tue 15 Mar 2011, 19:35

I was on 3 - absolutely horrendous coverage in lots of areas of England, am now on Orange and much better.

russell robson
👍

Tue 15 Mar 2011, 18:48

Is anyone on 3 in Charlbury? What's coverage like and does it switch to Orange like they say?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.