Another quiz question

Roger Ford
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2011, 14:38

The answer turned out to be 'lining'. They had the number of letters wrong in the questions.

Roger Ford
👍

Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:14

Decision made.
We are going with 'lining' (6), and 'service' (7).
The closing date is 17th. March and I will post the result after then.
Thank you all for getting involved.

Dave Gamble
👍

Wed 9 Mar 2011, 23:21

Roger, how about pendant? Pendant paper is used to make lanterns and light shades.

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 9 Mar 2011, 18:02

I thought of that too Roger but then ruled it out as I have never heard of "wedding paper"!

I still think "service" is more likely. "Silver service" is given in my dictionary as a valid phrase and one can make a reasonable case for "service paper" as mentioned in my previous posting.

Good luck with making a decision!

Roger Ford
👍

Wed 9 Mar 2011, 16:48

We are thinking of putting 'wedding' as the answer, with 'lining' as an alternative.
Any comments?

Derek Collett
👍

Mon 7 Mar 2011, 21:29

I think it might be service: "silver service" is a type of dining and "service paper" could be either an order of service in church or something to do with an Army call-up perhaps? Am not 100% certain that this is right but it does have the right number of letters! Can anyone else confirm or disprove this answer?

Roger Ford
👍

Mon 7 Mar 2011, 21:07

That's what we thought Ed.
So perhaps the person setting the questions has got the number of letters wrong.
We just hoped there may have been another answer with seven letters in it.
Thanks anyway.

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 7 Mar 2011, 20:37

Hello Roger - it must be 'lining'.

Roger Ford
👍

Mon 7 Mar 2011, 19:14

Find a word to follow the word on the left and in front of the word on the right.
e.g. Fly-----Chase (5 letters) answer = paper

The clue is: - Silver-------Paper (7 letters)

Any answers please?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.