charlbury Info -Businesses.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 15 Feb 2011, 20:07

Jean, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

The 'Businesses' listing is administered by the businesses themselves, who write and update their own entries. If you can see a business that you know has closed down or moved, let me know and I'll remove it.

There is no plan to remove the Businesses listing on this site. The local business organisation, Charlbury Business Community, is expected to wind up in the next couple of months due to lack of interest or support, but that's another matter entirely. Sadly, the CBC attempted to bring professional business advice in various fields to people working in Charlbury, and to provide lunchtime networking opportunities, as well as to promote the services and assistance available to people working in the tourism field, but it seems none of this is needed here.

Thanks for the kind words, Jean, about those of us who run retail businesses and services here. Let's also remember the many excellent builders, electricians, plumbers, decorators etc etc who help make Charlbury the remarkably self-sufficient place it is.

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 15 Feb 2011, 19:09

I saw that the last businesses info was in 2006.
Do you think it is time to re-write the Charlbury Businesses Info page. Most have left, so the page is entirely out of date.
How about some positive thoughts on the remaining businesses, which hopefully will be here for some time and are friendly, enthusiastic and helpful places to shop. The Good Food Shop and the Co op kept us going through the bad weather in extreme difficulty. Jon at Evenlode Books gives service second to none, and we have a new resident Postmaster with new lines, Tim has excellent gifts, Maraedy Hair Salon is equal to any in the nearest towns etc etc.
I understand due to lack of interest that the site will be removed.
How sad is that in such a vibrant community.
Let us have some up-beat information, not a crie de Coeur on the existing site about supermarkets taking all the business, which made depressing reading.

Jean Adams

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.