Private Event at Cornbury House (17.10.24)

Angus B
👍

Thu 17 Oct, 23:35

Thank you, Cornbury, for taking the time and trouble to explain…. 

Graham Wisker
👍

Thu 17 Oct, 22:38

Thankfully all the crane flys are attracted to the laser and not my kitchen door light

Harriet Baldwin
👍 3

Thu 17 Oct, 20:11

My cats love it, they're sitting on the windowsills waiting for it to move about like it did yesterday

Paul D Jenkins
👍 8

Thu 17 Oct, 19:35

Think it looks great. Better than looking out and just seeing rain!!

Claire Wilding
👍 5

Thu 17 Oct, 17:15

Dark skies is a policy in the Charlbury Neighbourhood Plan! You’re right it isn’t as dark as the darkest areas in the Cotswolds, but its quite dark for a built up area, which I think is why we get the military practising the night flying. 

John Lanyon
👍 1

Thu 17 Oct, 17:07

Could you let us know when this light display is due to finish?

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Thu 17 Oct, 16:38

Is Charlbury a Dark Skies area? The Rollright Stones is listed as a Dark Skies Discovery Site on some websites, but not Charlbury as far as I know. 

It's a Supermoon and also a Hunter's Moon tonight, by the way.

christopher edeson
👍 1

Thu 17 Oct, 16:09

cool! look forward to having a look later

Claire Wilding
👍 10

Thu 17 Oct, 16:05

Why? This is meant to be a dark skies area. 

Cornbury Park Estate
👍 6

Thu 17 Oct, 13:03

Dear Neighbours

We wanted to let you know that there will be a private event being held at Cornbury House this evening, and that the Estate have been informed that there will be a light display within the House Grounds, which includes a light beam in to the sky as per a previous event.

As always, the control of noise and traffic are key priorities and the event organisers have designed their setup to limit any impact in the local area as much as possible.

Should any concerns arise during or immediately after the event, the organisers have provided an on call number: 07700 165001

Best Wishes

Cornbury Estate Team

estate@cpark.co.uk

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.