Repair Centre

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍 1

Thu 22 Aug, 16:14

Hi Stephen, I'm not sure what the lettuce remark is about, but 4 years is much longer than a lettuce lasts. I do have Anti-growth Coalition t-shirt ( to show defiance to lettuce like politicians) if that's what you are getting at. 

Chris, we generally check for blockages to begin with when the vacuum is supplied with the pipes. Most of the time it is the filters, people don't know they exist and there can be 3 or 4 in some vacuums. Vacuum heads sometimes get blocked and the roller brushes tangled, I normal strip these down where possible and give them a good clean and sometimes it shows a worn drive/roller belt.

Stephen Andrews
👍 3

Thu 22 Aug, 09:02 (last edited on Thu 22 Aug, 10:40)

..it could be a lettuce leaf (attempt at political joke)

Chris Wastie
👍 1

Wed 21 Aug, 15:23

it sounds like something large has been sucked up & is restricting the full amount of vacuum power[may be a piece of paper]     chris wastie

glena chadwick
👍 2

Sat 17 Aug, 13:22

Thank you Colin for your post and huge thanks to Christine who did drop in this morning. I had emptied the container for dust etc. but NOT washed the filters (at least I thought I had but seemingly not in living memory) !! Christine removed them in a trice and washed them and they are now drying in the sun. I can put them back as I have done it before (seriously) but it anyone wants to wash theirs there are very helpful videos on Youtube (give the number of the machine).  And Christine urged me to say--your filters probably do need washing !!

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍 4

Sat 17 Aug, 10:33

Hi Glena, That is correct I won't be doing any repairs till December as I have been the only one doing them for the last 4 years, I just needed a break.  I believe Christine will be dropping in to see if she can help with the Dyson. General speaking Dyson vacuums  rarely have electronic faults and most suction problems can be solved by cleaning the HEPA filters.

Jackie Hague
👍 1

Sat 17 Aug, 07:49

It's worth asking the Community Workshop https://www.charlburycommunityworkshop.org.uk

glena chadwick
👍 2

Fri 16 Aug, 18:50

I see that Colin is taking a break (well deserved I'm sure) but wanted to ask if any of the other people were continuing but the link defeated me. So is nothing happening at the Repair Centre till December ?

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 2

Fri 16 Aug, 11:04

Information on this site: https://www.charlbury.info/community/23 operating under the auspices of the Charlbury Green Hub.  The page lists repairing Dysons as one of its accomplishments, but it also has a message that chief repair guru Colin is taking a break until December.

glena chadwick
👍

Fri 16 Aug, 09:55

How do I contact the Charlbury Repair Centre ? I have a Dyson which is not sucking up very well. I have done some some repairs to it but this defeats me.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.