Lost Gigaclear

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Fri 26 Jul, 16:51

Yes, we're back again now after about 3 hours.

The first thing I did was to reboot the modem and router but that did nothing so it was a case of playing the waiting game.

There was some cable work happening around the Playing Close earlier this week, Monday I think, with what looked like a new trench and a big reel of yellow optical cable being laid in it.
I've no idea if it's related, of course, but at least we are now back and hopefully will remain connected.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 26 Jul, 14:58

It went on and off again - we rebooted our connection and it came round eventually. There are some Openreach works on Church Street which may or may not be related!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 26 Jul, 13:37

Fine here - The Green. It would be useful if someone could provide a "map" of the Fibre network. Nodes, which green "junction box/cabinet" (don't know what they are properly called, those green boxes) to be able to better pinpoint fault locations.

We're still subscribing to our old Phone Coop "copper wire" internet because my partner's work is 101% totally dependent upon her Internet connection to The Cloud and can't allow for any disconnection. 

Colin C has a cheaper internet backup solution than this. Perhaps we can persuade him to explain it to "the community" because so many of us now are economically dependent upon connectivity. Possibly formally as a consultant as we are so utterly dependent . Maybe as a Town community we could implement a collective solution with a local consultant - and get a provider to provide a lower cost solution than us all haggling individually for provision? Just a thought. I'm into local cooperatives etc.

Andrew Greenfield
👍 1

Fri 26 Jul, 13:11

Gigaclear connection lost! Now using my mobile phone which is still OK.

We're in Little Lees.

Anyone else in the same situation?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.