Wilderness forum

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 26 Jul, 13:44

CB's correct - walking up to Cornbury has become impossible for many, age and infirmity etc like my building trade and agricultural injuries and pesticide exposure come back to bite most viciously. 

The festivals disabled access is very poor indeed and needs to be substantially improved.

Liz Reason
👍 2

Fri 26 Jul, 11:34

I really welcome these day tickets for residents. This makes it possible to attend, mainly by looking after grandchildren whilst their parents participate in the real thing.

Christine Battersby
👍 5

Wed 24 Jul, 10:06

Gareth, Those with mobility issues who live in Charlbury or Leafield might well want to arrive by car. Yellow Gate is described as pedestrians only,

There will be very limited carparking near the Cornbury Yellow Gate this year, and not everyone lives in the centre of town. Nor is parking at The Spendlove Centre always available -- and in any case I would hope the Coop Car park wouldn't be blocked by those intending to spend the whole day at the Festival.

Wilderness has an accessible car park, but one needs to apply for this in advance. They also have car drop off facilities for those who have disabilities. There is in addition a shuttle bus from the station on Friday and Sunday (but not Saturday). The bus goes to the car parks, not to the yellow gate. 

I don't expect to go this year, but have used the accessible car park in the past.

Gareth Epps
👍 4

Wed 24 Jul, 09:12

Why would Charlbury people be wanting to arrive by car?  Apart from anything else, the walk from the car park would be at least as long as from the Spendlove.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 24 Jul, 08:33

Yes, Imogen, that should work at the Yellow Gate. 

Not so sure whether it will also be possible at the other gates for those wanting to arrive by car. I suspect it will, but perhaps Christopher or somebody else knows. 

imogen collinson
👍

Tue 23 Jul, 19:48

Hi Christine, thank you, just to confirm I can turn up on the day with a proof of id and buy a day ticket  

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 23 Jul, 19:02

No, not too late for local tickets, buyable on the day. See Christopher Edeson's post below. 

Leafield website states: Local day tickets (Friday – Sunday) will also be available to those within the qualifying postcodes, bookable on the day, at the festival, at the Yellow Gate, North Lodge OX7 3EH entrance.

imogen collinson
👍

Tue 23 Jul, 18:19

Hi are theire still day tickets for this years festival please. 

Kevin Mangelll
👍

Tue 23 Jul, 17:58

Thanks all, managed to get hold of someone and apparently the £44.80 tickets are for age 6-12 years, 5 and under is £11.50 for a day ticket.

christopher edeson
👍 1

Tue 23 Jul, 15:33

Hi Kevin - sign up for the local residents newsletter, i got it today with all the info to answer your questions

Day tickets will be available Friday - Sunday to residents in the qualifying postcodes - OX7 3** and OX29 9**.

You will need to bring proof of address and I.D. with a matching name to be able to purchase these tickets on the day. Price £95 per day for adults (18+) & teens (13-17), £44.80 for kids.

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Tue 23 Jul, 12:44

Hi Kevin.  I think you are too late to buy local tickets.  Have a look at this link.  https://www.charlbury.info/forum/11605

Kevin Mangelll
👍

Tue 23 Jul, 10:24

I’ve emailed the residents email address last Tuesday and not had a reply. Does anyone know the day tickets prices for under 5’s and also how many day tickets you can buy as a local resident?

Nicola Morgan
👍 1

Tue 23 Jul, 09:02

Has anyone attended the Wilderness information sessions?  Is there any point?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.