Cat home safe and well

Jenny Chambers
👍

Mon 6 Dec 2010, 11:01

Thank you Christine for taking the time to post that you have found your cat. That's wonderful news. Whilst walking along Church St earlier this year, my 6 year old niece and I made friends with a cat answering to exactly her description. We were both upset to hear she was missing but now delighted at the happy outcome.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 2 Dec 2010, 21:55

Wow! Someone finally gets their cat back, after much worry and upset I presume and all someone can say, is that your cat should be fitted with a suitable bell. I'm glad to see sympathy is alive and well in Charlbury.

Christine Donaldson
👍

Thu 2 Dec 2010, 19:13

Yes, Mark i sympathise - we've had Houdinis in the past too! We can but try.....

Mark Purcell
👍

Thu 2 Dec 2010, 18:50

All very fine and dandy, but I hope we don't get too het up about cats who don't wear collars. Many cats simply will not wear them, and display a surprising ability to get rid of them if you fit them with one. We've tried. Repeatedly.

Christine Donaldson
👍

Thu 2 Dec 2010, 12:48

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your post. You're absolutely right with your comments about the local birds. I work for the RSPB so am a very keen birder too and anxious that our pets don't impact the local species. I wonder if it is our cat you're seeing as she does have a bell and hasn't brought in any 'presents' for months. The bell does seem to be key in this as when she had a few days without a collar after loosing it earlier in the year, we did have some animals brought in. She also spends all night on our bed so maybe it's a different cat you're seeing, there do seem to be lots of black ones in the neighbourhood!

Laura Ludlow
👍

Tue 30 Nov 2010, 15:25

oh I'm so pleased you found her! phew.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Sat 27 Nov 2010, 20:00

Pleased to hear that you cat is safe and well. Along with three others, it is a regular visitor to our garden in Park St, and has now returned to its hunting grounds. In the interests of the bird population it would great if your cat was fitted with a suitable bell, and not let out before dawn - as advised by the RSPB.

Christine Donaldson
👍

Thu 25 Nov 2010, 14:48

Obviously i meant a FRIENDLY community...........a fiendly community is something quite different!

Christine Donaldson
👍

Thu 25 Nov 2010, 14:47

Just a quick note to say that our little black cat that we posted as lost recently has been found safe and well and is at home recieving lots of cuddles. She had been accidently shut in a nearby barn for the best part of three weeks! Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to look out for her and to call us with possible sightings. It's wonderful to live in such a fiendly and helpful community.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.