Extended bus service in Charlbury (news item F 19 July)

Nick Millea
👍 2

Mon 22 Jul, 11:32

Congratulations to all who have made this possible. A huge step forward for Charlbury.

Alex Flynn
👍 1

Mon 22 Jul, 10:36 (last edited on Mon 22 Jul, 10:44)

It's excellent news indeed for anyone that needs to use it. Not having seen the contract (obviously!) I would imagine it would be designed to fit around shop Sunday opening hours - which is still limited to 6 hours by law - which is interesting since mainly large shops over a certain size tend to open on a Sunday. The smaller shops (those that are still left) tend to take the day off. Am I right about the Sunday hours or does it go the busses go back later so that people can have a drink or two (outside of Charlbury) without having to pay silly prices for a taxi back?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Mon 22 Jul, 10:16

It’s terrific news – especially for Sunday walks.

Brian Murray
👍 7

Mon 22 Jul, 09:45 (last edited on Mon 22 Jul, 10:33)

I think Liz Leffman and her OCC public transport colleagues are the ones to be thanked for this and I hope she and they will get their fair share of 'thumbs up' through this Forum posting. Give credit where it's due.

Laura Macy
👍 4

Sun 21 Jul, 13:52

This really is great news for those of us who rely on the bus. Thanks to anyone who used their infuence!

Eileen Hipgrave
👍 2

Sat 20 Jul, 15:34

Great news about the X9

Rachel Brushfield
👍 19

Sat 20 Jul, 14:15

Brilliant news! We are very lucky to have the services that we have in Charlbury. Thanks to everyone who influenced these decisions re public transport. 

Extended contract with Pulhams for the X9 bus to include Sunday service.

I am pleased to confirm that OCC has awarded a new three-year contract to Pulhams Coaches for service X9 between Witney, Charlbury and Chipping Norton, commencing from 1 September 2024.

The timetable on Mondays to Saturdays will remain the same and we are delighted to introduce a new Sundays and Public Holidays service of five journeys each way running at a two-hourly frequency. We hope that it will be well supported.

We have also reached agreement with Stagecoach to continue service S3 between Chipping Norton, Charlbury and Oxford at the existing timetable until 29 March 2025.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.