When things fell apart

NADINE MILLS
👍

Thu 18 Jul, 16:36 (last edited on Thu 18 Jul, 21:22)

I’ll check that out too James. Thank you 🙏🏻 

Birgit den Outer
👍 1

Thu 18 Jul, 14:43 (last edited on Thu 18 Jul, 14:44)

Well, thanks for raising that Nadine, I think I missed that at the time. I suppose the beauty of the 'When things fell apart' programme is to show how micro stories (CN town council meetings, Oxford bus lanes, somebody writing a thought experiment) are linked to major, global movements and shifts (and vice versa) but yes, you are right, only marginally linked to Charlbury! I'll check out the Blindboy podcast, James, thank you.

NADINE MILLS
👍

Thu 18 Jul, 13:51 (last edited on Thu 18 Jul, 13:55)

I’ve listened to that episode and actually attended the Demo in Oxford last Feb. I mentioned the WEF Great Reset on here a while back but I got a fair bit of flack for it. Interestingly the Blenheim Event features many figures who are very entwined with the WEF and their Davos meetings - including Sir Keir who expressed his penchant for Davos over Westminster in an interview with Emily Maitliss a while back- still available to view. 

Probably not pertinent to our wee lives in Charlbury though? 

NADINE MILLS
👍 2

Thu 18 Jul, 13:41

I’ve listened to that episode and actually attended the Demo in Oxford last Feb. I mentioned the WEF Great Reset on here a while back but I got a fair bit of flack for it. Interestingly the Blenheim Event features many figures who are very intwined with the WEF and their Davos meetings - including Sir Keir who expressed his penchant for Davos over Westminster in an interview with Emily Maitliss a while back- still available to view. 

Probably not pertinent to our lives in Charlbury though? 

James Styring
👍 1

Thu 18 Jul, 12:49

I listened to podcasts of series 2 (the one you refer to) of When things fell apart recently. It is brilliant.

I have now moved on to the Blindboy podcast, which is disturbingly good! https://shows.acast.com/blindboy

Birgit den Outer
👍 5

Thu 18 Jul, 10:47 (last edited on Thu 18 Jul, 14:45)

Has this been spoken about on this forum and did I miss it? I'm only just catching up with the second series of Jon Ronson's excellent Radio 4 programme "When things fell apart". Although the programme is generally about culture wars and conspiracy theories, individual episodes cover a wide variety of topics in a wide variety of geographical locations. Readers of this forum may be interested to know that Episode 7 is about conspiracies linking a Chipping Norton town council meeting, Oxford traffic management, a Danish MP Ida Auken and the World Economic Forum's Great Reset initiative. Fascinating. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.