Road closure

John Kearsey
👍

Sun 14 Jul, 12:48

Thanks for the replies Christine and Chris. I was unaware of one.network or indeed the number of road closures about!

Christopher Tatton
👍 1

Sat 13 Jul, 10:01

There is a notice up near the Cornbury entrance which details traffic and footpath changes required over Wilderness weekend. Presumably some of the traffic changes are to avoid the chaos that ensued at times around the North Lodge exit last year making access for emergency services almost impossible. 

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Sat 13 Jul, 10:00

John, it's on one.network with OCC given as imposing the restriction. 

The restriction is linked to the Wilderness event, and includes a no left hand turn for the cycle track at the top of Cornbury Park Drive through Charlbury to the Witney Road. Not sure I fully understand the cycle track aspect of the closure, but you can at least look at what is proposed.

You need to sign in and pick the next 3 months option to see it. There's also some later restrictions, including from August 5th - 8th for repairs to the road past Wellington Cottages. 

John Kearsey
👍 2

Fri 12 Jul, 17:30

A notice has appeared at Fiveways telling us that the road past Wellington Cottages will be closed from 1st August to the 5th. No trace of this on any council website and no official notices about this closure. I can only assume the Wilderness organisers have decided to do this off their own bat.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.