Beleaguered Mods, bad news: THIS LOOKS LIKE SCAM POST

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 12 Jul, 13:15

Who the hell is this, and how did it slip through what I'd always assumed was active moderation of the Adverts section? Now, having run Bulletin Board Systems for email networks in the 1980s and early 90s, I'm very sympathetic to the plight of "The Moderator" and a thankless task it is too! But surely this post has a high probability for some sort of fraudulent intent - 

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK because links to MALWARE INFECTED WEBPAGES ARE ALL TOO COMMON.

Many of us will be on guard for this sort of thing - but history and the £$ billions lost per annum, especially from Tek' unsavvy elderly recent adopters of social meeja can and do fall into the spiders lair. Can you investigate this posting immediately and if necessary contact any body such as the Police?

Here's the post - AND DON'T CLICK THE LINK unless you've got a hardened system. I don't have an installed Linux or NetBSD "Unix" computer running so don't want to touch it with bog standard MacOS and quite a few onions short of a TOR.... From the Adverts page, text cc'd:

"Help by making a donation or share on your media to fulfill a dream.

Any kind donations to help fulfill a dream would be highly appreciated. If you want, you can help by posting on your social media page the link.

Thank you.

Link to the donation page:

https://gofund.me/980a5a11

Tiberiu Niculescu · Thu 11 Jul, 11:13 · Link"

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.