Car parking dispute (Debate)

Steve Barnett
👍

Sun 21 Nov 2010, 21:44

Isn't it a company called acpoa??

brian
👍

Fri 19 Nov 2010, 22:42

Is the car park actually operated by FGW or some privatised outfit?

Steve Barnett
👍

Mon 15 Nov 2010, 21:20

Remember the 5 minute rule. I believe that in the National Rail (not FGW!!) Conditions of Travel, all passengers must allow at least 5 minutes to catch a train at any station. To be fair, I still haven't found this rule.

Roy Gustine
👍

Mon 15 Nov 2010, 13:09

Parked early on a Mon 27-09 morning, actually at Kingham, to catch the first train of the day, and the person in front of me at the ticket office coudn't find a credit card to pay and was very slow, so I had no time to display parking ticket which I had bought, on windscreen. Received a parking ticket. Sent off my ticket expecting to be let off as happened about 2 years ago. First Great Western rep replied saying fine of 50 pounds if paid upfront stood. Sent a second letter off (on advice off ticket clerk who had heard of a second letter working) and no reply apart from a new demand this time for 127.00 pounds from an outfit called Roxburghe Debt Collectors. Do they have any legal right to force me to pay, when I had bought a ticket? Ok I should have used the automated telphone service. Any one been in a similar position? I feel ripped off and cheated. Any advice welcome. Thanks Roy

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.