Untaxed vehicle

Simon J Harley
👍 2

Thu 27 Jun, 12:24

Thanks Liz.  I have sent you a private message as I understand that some people get funny about registration numbers being published on line.

Liz Leffman
👍 4

Thu 27 Jun, 10:03 (last edited on Thu 27 Jun, 10:04)

There are a couple of cars on Park Street also abandoned as far as I can tell, one is untaxed and WODC's Environment team have reported it to the DVLA who will deal with it.  The other has a puncture and will have to stay there for a while longer as it is taxed and has a valid MOT.  I had the same problem when I reported them on the WODC website as they are apparently functioning vehicles, so I got in touch with officers directly. If you let me have the registration, Simon, I will add this one to the list the officers already have and they can alert the DVLA about it.

Simon J Harley
👍 2

Thu 27 Jun, 08:28

Thanks Kris.  Just had a look and it directs you to the site Richard posted yesterday. 

K Harper
👍

Thu 27 Jun, 08:13

Try fix my street; I have known that to work effectively several times relatively recently. 

Simon J Harley
👍 2

Wed 26 Jun, 22:19

Hi Richard, I did that on the 14th June.  According to the form you fill in, this vehicle does not qualify as being abandoned because it appears to be in good order so I had to exaggerate that it had rusty brakes and had a build up of rubbish underneath.  You would think that the fact it has had no tax for 8 months would be sufficient.  I have no idea if anyone has been out and inspected it, but regardless, it’s still there. I was very surprised that the traffic wardens had no interest in the vehicle.  Surely an untaxed vehicle on the road is illegally parked?  Never mind, I have done all I can do, I will just have to pretend its not there when I go past.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 2

Wed 26 Jun, 19:27

WODC for that.  They have a dedicated page.

https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/environment/abandoned-vehicles/

K Harper
👍

Wed 26 Jun, 17:26 (last edited on Wed 26 Jun, 17:27)

Try “Fix my Street” - possible abandoned vehicle??  A photo helps and maybe add “what 3 words” as location.  Kris

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Wed 26 Jun, 16:18

Does anyone know who owns the pickup truck parked outside the Bell Pub.  It has been parked there for months and has had no road tax since October last year.  Parking is difficult enough without vehicles that shouldnt be parked on the road taking up 2 spaces.  I have reported it on line to the DVLA on the 10th May and nothing has happened.  I spoke to the traffic wardens today, but they say its nothing to do with them.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.