Oxford's new traffic arrangements and impact on journeys in

Liz Reason
👍 1

Fri 21 Jun, 12:41

I think that Harriet has misunderstood about when the public meeting will be held. The town council will consider on Wednesday whether to invite Oxford Liveable Streets to come and give their presentation either in July or September.

Liz Reason
👍 1

Fri 21 Jun, 12:40

Thanks Harriet. This is precisely the sort of question that Oxford Liveable Streets will be able to answer.

Harriet Baldwin
👍 1

Fri 21 Jun, 10:39

I can't attend anything in Wednesday's, but I'd like to know how the system works for people who can't use buses (vertigo, vestibular issues; possibly can't even use trains due to visual vertigo at stations) but can drive, and aren't classified as disabled. Are we excluded from Oxford?

Liz Reason
👍 5

Fri 21 Jun, 10:21 (last edited on Fri 21 Jun, 10:22)

The town council will consider on Wednesday whether to ask Oxford Liveable Streets to come to a public meeting here in Charlbury. It would be useful to know how many Charlburians would be interested in attending such a meeting, so please do indicate whether you think this would be useful. OLS offer below:

In November this year, Oxfordshire County Council will be bringing in six traffic filters around Oxford, to speed up buses and improve their reliability, increase frequency, and introduce new routes. 

Whatever your views of the traffic filters, having time to understand how they will work, and being able to absorb information is helpful. This session includes a presentation, which is clear and jargon free, and will help answer common questions: why are these filters being introduced? What do the passes mean in practice and how will I be able to apply? Which groups have exemptions? - and lots more. The focus will be on practicality, with a big map, and lots of time for questions. 

You'll leave knowing more about how the filters will work, understanding what they might mean for the kinds of journeys you make, and having a sense of some choices you'll have when they're in.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.