A big "thank you" to the people of Charlbury

Hannen Beith
👍 5

Thu 13 Jun, 23:40 (last edited on Thu 13 Jun, 23:42)

I've been overwhelmed by the response to my plea for glass jars for my Terrarium hobby.  

A big thank you to you all.  I won't name names, but you know who you are.

If any donors would like a small terrarium, I would be happy to provide it.  It's best if you can give me a theme.  So far, I've had a "beach theme" for a 5 year old, a Wizard them, and a Forest theme!  

Glass jars - any size, e.g. jam pots, kilners, I've even been given a large pickled onion jar which is quite big!

I can't promise to deliver quickly, as I like to keep an eye on them when they are "taking", but after that, they are usually pretty robust and just need an occasional check and "mist".  I find that I only need to mist them 2 or 3 times a month at most, and they make a great focal point.  An East or North facing aspect is best, or in the room (if they have some light).  South facing is dangerous as they get burned.  I can advise on lighting as well - they are happy with e.g. an artificial strip light.  

I don't sell them, but a glass jar is a great contribution, as are a few pennies if I have to buy e.g. Wizards, plants, small beach stuff.  Up to you.  It's a hobby, not a business.

Message me via this site please if you want more information.

Hannen.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.